Subject: Re: MAGMA TurboChannel drivers are public now :-)
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@web.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/02/2003 21:20:08
Felix Deichmann wrote:

> Thanks to Chuck Brost, MAGMA has made their old TurboChannel driver
> sources (VMS and Unix) publicly available.

Well, because several people had reservations concerning the quite
"impressive" copyright notices at the top of the MAGMA source files, I
try to get an official statement/file from MAGMA to clarify the
situation. In the meantime I draw on the mail correspondence with Chuck
Brost (MAGMA), who wrote:

"The only thing I ask is that you put your name on it (of course you can
give us credit for supplying the original source code) and contact
information in case someone has a problem with it, since I am not able
to assist them at this point.  Just so long as it goes out as your
version of the driver, then I have no problems with whatever else you
may do."

So, which license would be the closest match? GPL? BSD? Neither nor?

And if I had to suggest MAGMA a license type, which license should I
recommend? BSD?

Regards

Felix