Subject: Re: Alpha PC64 hardware question...
To: NetBSD-Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Woyciesjes <dwoyciesjes@comcast.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/29/2003 10:38:16
Ken Seefried wrote:

> David Woyciesjes writes:
>
> >       Quick one here. I have one of those EB64/PC64 motherboards, but only a
> > 200MHz CPU for it. Problem is, the board is set up for a 266MHz CPU. Has
> > anybody overclocked a 200MHz CPU to 266 in one of these? With
> > appropriate fans for good cooling, of course.
>
> 266MHz?  That's odd...I thought these were usually 275MHz.
>
> >       Also, these boards can run off of a regular AT style power supply,
> > correct?
>
> My understanding is that the only reason you need the power supply with the
> special additional connector is if you are using 3.3v PCI cards and that it
> will work fine with a regular AT power supply.  I actually have one of the
> special supplies, so I've never tried it m'self.
>
> Ken

	Well, I don't have the manual here in front of me, so it might be
275... But the 200 should be okay at 275/266 with enough cooling, right?
	As for the power supply, that's cool. I suspected it was like the
AXppci33 in that way, but wasn't positive...
	I guess I should just give it all a try...

--
---   Dave Woyciesjes
---   ICQ# 905818