Subject: Re: IDE controller card for PWS
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/15/2003 12:40:08
Graham Allan writes:
- Well, "no trouble" is not absolutely guaranteed with the SCSI-IDE
- bridge, as the firmware in the Acard I have is broken such that it
- won't work properly with Tru64 5.x - I forget the exact terminology,
- but it returns a bogus unique ID for the device, and Tru64 uses these
- IDs to map drives to device names; they didn't seem very interested in
- fixing it without being paid. However, I'd guess it probably works fine
- with NetBSD.

	I'm using one of the ACARD bridges, complete with
enclosure on NetBSD 1.6.1_STABLE/sparc64 withuot any real
problems. (well, I can't quite create a RAID0 array out of four
250GB WD disks, but I think that's  more a User problem than a
software problem..)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	The perfect love affair is one which is conducted entirely