Subject: more curious messages from the isp driver?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/11/2003 16:02:29
Can anyone think of any reason for this to happen? I'm pretty sure it
happened while I was building -current. Sources are on NFS. Swap is on sd0b.

isp0: data overrun for command on 0.0.0
isp0: BOTCHED cmd for 0.0.0 cmd 0xa datalen 65536
sd0(isp0:0:0:0): generic HBA error

isp0 is:
isp0 at pci1 dev 1 function 0: QLogic 1020 Ultra Wide SCSI HBA
isp0: interrupting at kn20aa irq 1
scsibus1 at isp0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target

and sd0 is:
sd0 at scsibus1 target 0 lun 0: <WDIGTL, WDE4550 ULTRA2, 1.22> disk fixed
sd0: 4340 MB, 6932 cyl, 6 head, 213 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 8890000 sectors
sd0: sync (100.00ns offset 12), 16-bit (20.000MB/s) transfers, tagged
queueing

I noticed no problems because of it, and the build completed successfully. I
didn't even notice the error messages until a while later, so I can't be
100% certain they happened during the build, but that was the heaviest
period of disk I/O since the machine was last booted so I think that might be
it.

As I asked with the previous errors I saw, on a previous boot, running
bonnie:
isp0: Request Queue Overflow++
sd0(isp0:0:0:0): adapter resource shortage

Is this something I should worry about?

I plan to replace the qlogic 1020s with an LSI LSIU160 53c1010 card as soon
as I have the money, but until then I'm stuck with the isp controllers, as
SRM doesn't support anything except a very few chipsets. I might be getting
a <= 1gig 50pin drive from a friend to use for the kernel/bootloader hooked
up to the first isp controller, and have it load root/usr/var/home from the
WD drive on an Adaptec 2940UW in the meantime.

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!