Subject: Re: logical volume
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/08/2003 22:18:35
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:04:24AM -0400, Paul Mather wrote:

> volume manager, which is the thing I most miss from NetBSD having
> previously enjoyed AdvFS on Digital Unix
My main workstation is an Alpha running Tru64. AdvFS is really
great. At work I have to use the penguin OS. I use its LVM and
SGI XFS on it and it is very nice to be able to grow an active,
r/w mounted FS, take snapshots...

> Does anyone know if there is anyone working on a LVM for NetBSD??
Vinum is the LVM system from FreeBSD and
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2003/08/03/0001.html
says:
Subject: Re: Greg Lehey wants to import Vinum RSN
---
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/03/2003 12:02:20
[...]
I'm now in a position to commit the initial cut of Vinum.  The initial
version is missing significant functionality, and I intend to flesh it
out in the next week or two.
---

So there is nothing at the moment, but we can hope that NetBSD 2.0
will have it.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen