Subject: Re: pbxga card usable on alpha server 1000?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/16/2003 23:26:46
Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:

>I was looking for an X capable card for use in my alpha
>server 1000 box.  A friend gave me a pbxga-aa/an card
>out of an alphastation 200 233 mhz box.  Is that card
>usable in the alphaserver 1000 to run any usable X
>on vga with NetBSD?

The /an I think indicates that they intended to sell it as a Windows
card, but it should be a regular TGA.  But, short form: just boot
it up and if it gives you a frame buffer console then it `should'
work with no configuration other than the DIP switches on it.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/