Subject: Alphastation 255 hanging under 1.6.1
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/03/2003 12:16:08
I have an Alphastation 255/300 that basically just runs Squid.  When it was
running 1.6 it was pretty solid but since upgrading to 1.6.1 it now, once a
week or so, wedges in a state where it answers pings but doesn't respond to
higher level protocols over the network or to the console.  This wedging seems
to be kicked off at a point when its doing a "squid -k reconfigure" (at least
it always seems to happen about 2am and the above is run from cron then).

Anyone have any ideas whats happening here or how to find out?

I noticed a lot of UVM and low memory related patches pulled up to the 1.6 branch
this morning, are they likely to help (the machine has 256MB and squid uses
most of it).

cheers
mark