Subject: Re: bootable cd no good for 3000/400
To: None <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/26/2003 16:31:00
> I used the same PlexWriter PX-W1210S drive on the AS 200, PWS 500 and
> 3000/400.  I tried connecting its Block jumpers for the latter but
> that didn't help.
> Do you know what the problem could be?

hmm... I burned the multi-arch ISO on an /i386 with an HP IDE burner,
and it booted on my 3000/400 with rd42.  and if the disc is booting
without trouble from other alphas, it's likely some drive issue.  do you
have any other drives available to try booting from?

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
      "It's not fast, but why not?"  --  John Klos on VAX dnet client
  "because it needlessly contributes to global warming?"  --  Paul Vixie