Subject: Installation can't find disks (AlphaServer 800, Mylex DAC960)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Ivan_Dole=BEal?= <Ivan.Dolezal@vsb.cz>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/2003 09:32:46
Hello,

    I am trying to install 1.6.1 from CD to AlphaServer 800 5/500 (OSF
PAL rev: 0x1000500020116), equipped with standard Mylex RAID DAC960P
(firmware: 2.42), destroying therefore the original Digital Unix 4.0d*
on Polycenter AdvFS that has been running on the machine till now.

    While boot messages at least recognize the controller, the
installation procedure says it can not find any suitable disks for
installation.

Thank you in advance for any advice,

Ivan Dolezal

* As you may know, HP doesn't provide service packs for that old
version. I also don't want to get stuck with Tru64 5.1 which will die in
one year. What is a perspective of HP port to Alpha remains unanswered :-)