Subject: Re: Unnamed card for sale on ebay
To: Collin Baillie <tifkat@no1.com.au>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/18/2003 14:39:14
On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 09:30 AM, Collin Baillie wrote:
> I just found this on ebay (it's in Australia), and was wondeirng if
> anyone
> recognizes it, and if anyone would be interested in it:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/
> eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3416282218&category=12
> 47

   This looks like a board from a VAX 8700 or 8800.

   It really irritates me when people see a large chip and say
"processor".  If this is indeed an 8700 board, those chips aren't
processors...that board is one of about fifteen boards like it that
make up ONE processor.

   I've sent an email to the seller [politely] explaining the concept
that processors are big chips, but big chips aren't always processors.
I've also asked him for the board numbers...if he sends them to me, I
will try to identify the board.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "They live deeply, these vagabonds."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Goro