Subject: PWS500au CDROM pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Stone <MDStone@swt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/15/2003 06:52:48
I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.6.1 on a Digital Personal Workstation 500au
with two scsi hard drives and an ide cdrom on the first ide controller.
The installation runs smoothly until the instruction to "Enter
the CDROM device to be used and dirctory on the CDROM where the
distribution is located"

device:	cd0 dirctory: /alpha/binary/sets

After selecting continue I get a error "pciide0:0:0: lost interupt" and
then a message "cd0 does not contain the mandatory installation sets
etc.tgz where the ..." The error message covers some of the other message.

I've installed Digital Unix 5.1A on this system without any errors so I'm
sure this is not a hardware failure. I've also tried to install NetBSD
1.5.1 to see if I get the same error and it happens with that version as
well.

--Sections of the /kern/msgbuf--
.
.
.
pciide0 at pci0 dev 4 function 0: CMD TechnologyPCI0646 (rev. 0x01)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel 0:2 targets
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <TOSHIBA CD_ROM XM-5602B, 8500900038, 1796> type
5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 3, DMA mode 1
pciide0: secondary channel wired to comatibility mode
pciide0: disabling secondary channel (no drives)
.
.
.
pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
	type: atapi tc_bcount: 8 tc_skip: 0
pciide0:0:0: bus-master DMA error: missing interrupt, status=0x20
pciide0:0:0: device timeout, c_bcount=8, c_skip=0
cd0: transfer error, downgradeing to PIO mode 3
cd0(pciide0:0:0) using PIO mode 3
pciide0 channel 0: reset failed for drive 0
pciide0:0:0: reset failed
pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
	type: atapi tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0
pci0:0:0: piomode timed out