Subject: audio/nas
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/17/2003 00:36:36
Hi guys,
I recently wanted to set up a solution for TextToSpeech. In trying
rsynth, it requires nas. Nas seemingly installs without a hitch, but
in reality, the server portion is never made. This of course makes it
such thatrsynth can never connect to it. I even downloaded the (2)
versions of binary packages and untarred them to find that neither if
them have nasd either on alpha platform. The i386 binary package does
contain nasd, which is why I decided to post here. Here is the error
that is reported both when trying to "make" and while trying to "make
install" after the "make":

making all in server/dda/voxware...
gcc -o nasd -O2      -L/usr/X11R6/lib  dia/libdia.a
dda/voxware/libvoxware.a os$
dda/voxware/libvoxware.a(auvoxware.o): In function `setFragmentSize':
auvoxware.o(.text+0xa6c): undefined reference to `_oss_ioctl'
auvoxware.o(.text+0xa70): undefined reference to `_oss_ioctl'
dda/voxware/libvoxware.a(auvoxware.o): In function `setSampleRate':
auvoxware.o(.text+0xb58): undefined reference to `_oss_ioctl'
auvoxware.o(.text+0xb5c): undefined reference to `_oss_ioctl'
auvoxware.o(.text+0xb7c): undefined reference to `_oss_ioctl'
dda/voxware/libvoxware.a(auvoxware.o)(.text+0xb80): more undefined
references t$
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/audio/nas/work/nas-1.6/server

Any help greatly appreciated,
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.