Subject: Re: Alpha vr Monitor
To: None <roberto.varela@teradyne.com>
From: Christian von Kleist <cvk@zybx.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/14/2003 12:46:36
First of all, I said you needed a 13w3 connector, but I should have said
5-bnc.  (13w3 is a funny connector you find on Sun products.)  The
vga->5-bnc connector will work great, but you might have to do some
research to find the correct frequency settings for your card.

Some help:

First locate the resolution(s) and the frequencies that are
possible/supported at both ends of the video cable (on the monitor and the
graphics controller, in other words), and then determine if there are any
matching settings available.  If there are multiple matches, you will need
to determine which one is most appropriate for your needs.

Your video card probably has a jumper or DIP switch configuration, so you
might have to do some research if you need to change the resolution.

--
c v k @ z y b x . c o m