Subject: Re: Alpha vr Monitor
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Graham Allan <allan@physics.umn.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/14/2003 11:27:28
> I have an Alpha Station 200 with the DEC monitor VRC21-KA.
> This monitor uses 5 cable (Red, Green, Blue & 2 sync)
>
> I want to know if it's possible to plug a normal VGA PC's monitor into
> the Alpha unit ???? and how ???

What kind of video connector does the video card in the Alpha use? I've
only seen them with regular VGA connectors (then a special cable to use
the 5-BNC monitor). You should be able to use a regular VGA monitor
along with a standard PC video cable - as long as the monitor will
accept the scan rate of the card, which most should.

Graham