Subject: Re: NetBSD problem on DEC 3000/300LX
To: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@gentoo.org>
From: David Woyciesjes <dwoyciesjes@comcast.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/19/2003 10:49:27
Joachim Blaabjerg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently got a hold of an old DECstation 3000/300LX, and decided to
> install NetBSd on it as soon as I discovered Linux wouldn't boot on it. The
> thing is, I haven't got a monitor or keyboard for it, so I'm trying to
> install it via a serial console. Here's what happens (starts in SRM, output
> via serial console):

<<<output cut out>>>

> That's it, nothing more happens. There is some disk activity after this,
> which may indicate that it does actually boot, but it doesn't use the
> serial console. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - --

	I didn't see any notice, so here goes...
Sounds like it's trying to use the non-existant console. IIRC, there is
a switch on the back labelled "S3". Probably near the keyboard/mouse
connectors. Flip that to the other position, then turn the puppy on, and
enjoy.
	Let me know if that works..

--
---Dave Woyciesjes