Subject: Re: Best NetBSD version to run
To: Christian von Kleist <cvk@zybx.com>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/13/2003 09:34:37
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:02:36AM -0500, Christian von Kleist wrote:

=>      What's the best NetBSD (Alpha, of course) version to run if I want to
=> use the latest pthread and XFree enhancements (Mel's code)?
=>
=>      Twice I tried to build NetBSD-current from two weeks ago and some of
=> the most recent code broke the compilation (pthreads, I think?).
=> I've heard reference to 1.6.1_RC2, but I'm not sure where to get it.

I don't know about XFree, but as for pthread, I'm successfully using
1.6P on an AlphaServer 1000A with kernel and world build circa March
4th.  I also have a DEC 3000/300 at home running 1.6N with kernel and
world built circa February 16th.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu