Subject: Help with X please
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: bob smith <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/2003 14:31:08
Trying to get X running on 250 4/266. Has the TGA card.
I have combed the archives, found Mel's site and stuff for VGA
support.  I have a couple of dumb questions:
1.6 sees it as TGA0.
Installed  1.6 with X.

1. Does this mean that I have X support in the kernel?
xdm starts and runs. startx gives me errors - can't see a port.

2. should there be some setting related to inetd to allow X to operate?
I think there should be but can't find it.

3. Do I have to recomple the 1.6 gneric kernel to get X support with the
TGA card?

4. Am I correct, thanks to others on this list - in assuming that
I use the code from Mel for supporting VGA and SVGA cards in
alphas (ATI or whatever is supported) but not for TGA support?
thanks
bob