Subject: Re: TCWSCONS kernel
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=FCdiger?= Engel <granada@a500.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/28/2003 09:34:40
Hi Jonker!

At 07:59 28.02.2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Since I changed my Windows PC for a Apple macintosh I can netboot my Dec
>Alpha 3000/300 but I no longer have a
>serial console (no serial ports on apple emac). I have a monitor and
>keyboard connected to the Dec Alpha but my
>it is switching to serial console mode during boot.
>Does anybody have a TCWSCONS configured netbsd kernel for DEC/alpha
>(3000/300) available for download,
>for 1.6 or 1.5 ?

I have a DEC 3000/800 at home and I once compiled a 1.6 current-kernel for
it wich supports TCWSCONS by default.
It's not the most recent kernel anymore (1.6k I think) but maybe you'd like
to give it a try. You can download it from http://a500.de/netbsd (this
links to the kernel itself, not a directory). It is compiled with
GENERIC-options with literally no changes.

Hope it works on your 300!

Kind regards from Germany,
Ruediger