Subject: Re: tlp: receive error: {MII,CRC} error
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Jochen Kmietsch <jochen.kmietsch@tu-clausthal.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/25/2003 16:26:18
Hello!

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> your switch. You should never lock down the switch or the NIC to a
> particular duplex setting, but should let them autonegotiate. Locking

Well, I have been told (but disagree) with the opposite :)
I have had problems with certain brands of switches in combinations with
certain NICs, though, and locking speed and duplex helped sometimes.

Jochen
--
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals.