Subject: Re: Is this something to worry about?
To: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
From: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/05/2003 22:19:47

> I found this in my syslog today. I haven't had any messages like this
> before, and found two of these. The box is a PC164 with a 500MHz CPU,
> running NetBSD 1.5.2. It has been running without any problems for almost
> a year with this config. Is something about to break?
>
> Feb  5 04:06:59 hogrelius /netbsd: Warning: received processor correctable
> error.

This happens frequently on a multiuser 164LX that we have running here;
and about once a year the machine muct be opened and "vacuum-cleaned";
all cards reseated and the memory pulled out and in. Then it stays quiet
for about half a year.

The error message starts to be annoying when you get something like
5000/minute, but otherwise it normally don't hurt. If you move something
in the machine the message will probably go away.

-- Ragge