Subject: Re: 433au will not boot after installation
To: None <rick.collette@quest.com>
From: Christian von Kleist <cvk@zybx.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/29/2003 22:50:01
Rick,

     Do you get any boot messages, or does it just hang immediately after
you type >>> boot dka0 at the SRM console?

     I had a similar problem with my 500a when trying to boot from an IDE
drive because I had the drive on the secondary IDE controller.
Moving it to the primary IDE controller fixed the problem (and now
the CD-ROM is on the secondary).  I see you've already tried this
though?

     If you're able to use the SRM console I'd guess there's still hope
since a number of devices must work properly for the SRM console to
appear.  What does ">>> show dev" say?

--
c v k @ z y b x . c o m

<quote who="Rick Collette">