Subject: Alpha 3000-800 Boot Troubles
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Stan Pietkiewicz <pietstan@rogers.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2003 22:53:43
I've got an  Alpha 3000-800 that I'm trying to install NetBSD on, and
I've run into a problem...

The machine starts to boot from the 1.6_Stable install floppy, loads the
first floppy, prompts for the second diskette, continues to load, the
quits with the message:

?02 KSP INVAL
       PC = 00000000.000604E5     PSL = 00000000.00000007

I've also tried to use 1.5.3 install floppies, with the same result,
just a different value for PC.....

The machine has 320 MBytes of ram, an internal RZ26, external RZ28 and
floppy drive in a StorageWorks tower, and a PMAZC-AA with no devices
connected. I thought it might be an issue with the PMAG frame buffer,
but the behaviour is the same without it. I'm using a VT320 for a console.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be??

Thanks.......