Subject: Re: Alpha Server 1000 4/266 on NetBSD
To: None <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/09/2003 17:22:39
The topcover lid references an Alpha Server 1000 manual of some sort.  I
would think
that probably covers hardware, prom, software setups and that sort of thing.
That would be the type of manual I would be after.  I would assume a pdf or
maybe
a ps file probably exists for such a manual on some sort of DEC manual cd or
archive site.  The same sorts of manuals exist in the PMAX, VAX and other
series
machines, so I would assume some sort of hardware/prom/setup manual exists for
the machine.

OK on the CDROM.  That should be quite standard then.

As to kernel configs, scanning the dmesg output seems to suggest the machine
has the turbolaser bus and config bits?  Is that correct?  Grepping the config
files did not seem to suggest there was a tailored Alpha Server 1000 config
there.
Do I need to strip one out of the GENERIC config?

Thanks

Bob Keys