Subject: Re: mplayer, divx, alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/04/2003 19:45:23
On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 10:28:31AM +0200, Jarkko Teppo wrote:

> So I got mplayer compiled on an AS 500/500. I'm running XFree 4.mumble on
> 1.6K. Everything works just fine, like "normal" mpegs but I'm having some
> minor problems with divx-files. The audio is OK but there are some weird
> green artifacts in the video (read: pixelization, very heavily tinted
> towards green. Does not cover entire video screen but always certain areas,
> I'm inclined to think of "motion detection" or similar).
>
> Is this a known bug or something else ?
> Alphastation 500/500, Millennium II, 1.6K, fresh pkgsrc.
>
> (please trim cc in case of possible replies, I wasn't that sure where to send
> this)

Hmm, this is not an alpha problem itself, but I'm replying here since
I'm subscribed here.

It is a problem with the xfree mga driver and it is still not fixed in
the xfree cvs tree :(

I had to install the binary module from matrox on my i386 system and
I think that should also work on the alpha too.

Bernd