Subject: XFree success
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/02/2003 20:08:45
I got XFree running on two cards I've tested so far, S3Virge/DX and
what I'm currently running, a Matrox Millennium II.

I'm pretty much a converted believer now. I've gone in a few months from
sucksucksuckslow mozilla on 8-bit TGA to lightning fast mozilla on
1280x1024@24bits. I even got quakeforge compiled from sources to
work and my cd-burner is working perfectly. All this on an "old" AS 500/500.

I got the X-sources from caseydoodle.com; everything compiled without a
hitch.

How much do the sources on caseydoodle.com differ from the "official"
NetBSD-blessed, imported sources ? Will XFree ever come "officially"
"supported" on alpha ?

"Way" too "many" "quotation" mark"s. Sorry, got carried away.
--
jht