Subject: Noisy AS500
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/2002 16:26:51
Hi all!

Does anyone else suffer from a noisy AS500 ? I'm not exactly sure
what the main noise producer is, either the cache fan or the PSU.
Would it be possible to remove the cache fan, attach a huge heatsink
and cool it with a smaller fan ? Or should I just get a PC :-)

I don't mind the noise but my wife is not that thrilled about it.
It seems that every single Digital-branded gadget I have seems to
consist of mainly fans. DECSwitch 300, Alphaserver 1000, AS 500, 600 ...

Interesting tidbit not related to this post at all:

http://www.raytheon-computers.com/ccn01b.htm

--
jht