Subject: ZXLp-L support, XFree 4.2?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/16/2002 01:14:00
I just bought an used AlphaStation 500 that came equipped with
a ZXLp-L PCI graphics card, which, I see, is not supported by
NetBSD.

So, I have a few questions about this situation

 1. Is there any chances of making NetBSD support ZXLp-L. Is
    it too different from the -E models? Is there any documentation
    for the card (I tried searching from the web, but found
    nothing).
 2. Apparently XFree 4.2 won't support the card either...
 3. But does XFree 4.2 work otherwise on Alpha, if I install some
    other PCI card (S3 Trio64V+)?

Also, how true currently is the "the 53c810 driver is buggy" statement
from Notes on Supported System Models page?