Subject: build.sh -t fails in groff (still)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/01/2002 13:09:41
Has anyone managed to run "/usr/src/build.sh -t" to completion lately?
Mine still fails in groff, even after an rsync of the -current sources
today:

dependall ===> groff
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking that C++ compiler can compile simple program... yes
checking that C++ static constructors and destructors are called... no
configure: error: a working C++ compiler is required
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/groff
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/groff
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools

ERROR: failed to make tools
*** BUILD ABORTED ***
<<<<<

Is the fact that it fails on the test for static constructors and
destructors related to the 20021121 entry in /usr/src/UPDATING?  If
so, how can I fix this?  I thought build.sh was self-hosting, i.e., if
groff relies on certain C++ features to work, then shouldn't build.sh
make sure it has built a working C++ compiler before trying to build
groff?

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu