Subject: Re: is 1.6 MP code stable?
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/20/2002 04:51:40
On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 11:29 PM, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>> I'm curious if others are using MP and what sorts of results they've
>> had and what sorts of applications they are using their machines for.
>
>   I've been running MP on my CS20 since late August.  It's running 1.6
> with a patch to fix a bug in pmap that I found.  That change is in
> -current, but was too late to make it into 1.6.  It's also pending in
> the
> 1.6 branch, but hasn't been pulled up yet.  The symptoms I was were
> different from your though, so I don't know if this will help you.

   I'd missed this thread earlier.

   I applied this patch and untarred a big .tar file, and promptly hung
the machine.  Oh well. :-(

   I doubt I can handle it myself 'cause I'm not familiar with the
internals, but I'm up for helping with testing and such if someone can
work on this issue.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley