Subject: Re: is 1.6 MP code stable?
To: Michael L. Hitch <>
From: Dave McGuire <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/20/2002 04:51:40
On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 11:29 PM, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>> I'm curious if others are using MP and what sorts of results they've
>> had and what sorts of applications they are using their machines for.
>   I've been running MP on my CS20 since late August.  It's running 1.6
> with a patch to fix a bug in pmap that I found.  That change is in
> -current, but was too late to make it into 1.6.  It's also pending in
> the
> 1.6 branch, but hasn't been pulled up yet.  The symptoms I was were
> different from your though, so I don't know if this will help you.

   I'd missed this thread earlier.

   I applied this patch and untarred a big .tar file, and promptly hung
the machine.  Oh well. :-(

   I doubt I can handle it myself 'cause I'm not familiar with the
internals, but I'm up for helping with testing and such if someone can
work on this issue.

Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley