Subject: Re: MP AS4100 hangs with 1.6?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/19/2002 19:13:27
>    The basic system installed fine (and *very* quickly!) but now I'm
> trying to untar a big pile of stuff (tar file on the FC-AL array,
> untarring to an empty filesystem on the system disk on the ISP1020) and
> am seeing periodic hard hangs...the only thing I've been able to do is
> hit reset.
>    Has anyone else seen this?  I'm about to boot a non-MP kernel to see
> if the behavior changes.

Dave - I've also seen this on four of our API CS20 and moving to a non-MP
kernel has stablized them for the most part (there is another issue I'm
working at getting more info about, but its not MP related).

There is a patch for pmap which may help you out.. .but from what I've ready
from private emails, MP is still considered experimental.