Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on DEC 3000/300
To: None <>
From: Jochen Kmietsch <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/16/2002 14:20:22

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 wrote:

> my experience with DEC3000/300 was very succesfull.

Well, good to read, I guess there are two sides to every story.

> Not only Pelican has an historical importance it is even a kinda
> FAST machine. In my case I got 160MB RAM and this DEC3000 of mine is the

Depends on what you compare it to :)  But yes, it runs very well even
under high load.  If anybody has some spare RAM, my 96 MB is not all that

> and C++) machine. It's a great piece of iron.

Sure true.

Rich Cook: "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."