Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on DEC 3000/300
To: Michael G. Schabert <>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/12/2002 12:30:55
"Michael G. Schabert" wrote:

>How exactly is it "far less hassle" for every single person with a TC
>machine to be forced to individually go through the steps of putting
>it physically near another system, piece together a null modem cable

I believe that this has been merged into the GENERIC and INSTALL kernels

revision 1.215
date: 2002/09/24 13:30:41;  author: ad;  state: Exp;  lines: +26 -8
Remove the TCWSCONS config now that zstty can do flow control on IOASIC

And so, the latest snapshots should be able to use TC graphics cards.

For 1.6, the serial console method is preferred because it's already
been released.  :-)

    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/