Subject: NetBSD on Dec 3000
To: None <>
From: Rufeng Li <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/17/2002 22:11:51

I have a Pelican that runs DU 4.0F and want to switch to NetBSD, but don't
want to use a serial console.  It's not clear to me if the new release 1.6
completely supports TC (i.e. both framebuffer and key board & mouse).  The
install.html has the following which is not conclusive either:
Graphics Adapters
- CFB video (PMAG-BA, cfb)
- SFB video (PMAGB-BA, sfb)
Although these boards are supported by NetBSD/alpha since there is no
keyboard or mouse support available for the TurboChannel systems, they
aren't very useful. XXX: is this still true now that the MI sfb.c is used???
Has anyone tried new release on DEC 3000?