Subject: Re: gcc-3.2
To: Oleg Polyanski <Oleg.Polianski@team.telstraclear.co.nz>
From: Bryan <u1@terran.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/10/2002 22:39:45
On the distinguished day of Sep 11, Oleg Polyanski stated:

[Regarding problem with gcc-3.2 on NetBSD/Alpha producing executables which
crash on startup unless statically linked]

>  in, then start the test application under `ktrace' and, eventually,
>  under `gdb'.

gdb indicates that the process crashes in _rtld_relocate_plt_object(), i.e.
the C library.

> It should not crash at all, as there is no reason for that - I have been
> compiling my C/C++ programs for NetBSD/i386 with the most recent versions
> of g/g++ from CVS without any problems.

I am running on Alpha - perhaps my problem is specific to the Alpha
platform.  Also, I have found two other C library problems which appear to
be specific to the Alpha: bugs 18113 and 18114.

BTW, when you say "most recent versions ... from CVS", you mean the gcc CVS
tree, not the NetBSD one, right?

--
-Bryan