Subject: Mozilla 1.1 broken?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/09/2002 00:40:53
I posted before about upgrading a bunch of packages, including pth and
mozilla, and some packages being broken. But now I seem to have ruled
out that the mozilla breakage is related to pth, since pth is ok
again but mozilla was still broken.

The symptoms with mozilla are that the very first page loads and
displays ok, but any subsequent page, whether clicked on or typed in the
url bar, fails with an error dialog "Operation timed out when attempting
to connect to <server>".

I reverted my pkgsrc/www/mozilla subdirectory to 2002-08-18 (the day
before the update to mozilla 1.1) and that resulted in a working mozilla
again (as incredibly slow as ever, I don't understand how it can be so
incredibly slow on my PWS 433).

Anybody else seen this?

This could not be related to the IPv6 issues I have read a few times,
because in that case I would expect not even the first page to work?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.