Subject: pth-1.4.1nb2 breaks gnumeric-0.75 and xchat? (1.5/Alpha)
To: None <,,>
From: Olaf Seibert <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/06/2002 15:41:35
I just upgraded my pth from 1.4.0nb1 to 1.4.1nb2. I used pkg_hack but
after that I also re-built almost everything that depends on it,
including gnumeric and xchat.

Now gnumeric and xchat are broken.

gnumeric never shows its window (but forks to some 8 processes which
appear to to nothing much).
xchat is more subtly broken: its initial server list window appears, but
when the main window starts to appear it dies with an X error (invalid

Mozilla also seemed affected somehow, displaying some dialog about
libpthread that I failed to copy down, but apart from that it seemed to
work but even less smoothly than usual.

If I revert the symlink to (.14.21
was the new one), both programs work again.

Has anybody else seen this? I use NetBSD 1.5/Alpha.
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.