Subject: Re: Q: Support for 3th party PCI IDE adapters?
To: Francis. Javier Mesa <javi@cse.ucsc.edu>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/24/2002 18:33:15
On Saturday, August 24, 2002, at 06:17 PM, Francis. Javier Mesa wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any support for IDE PCI add on boards in the
> current 1.5.3 release of NetBSD for alpha.
>
> Basically, we have a bunch of largish IDE drives that would make a great
> addition for our HDD space chellenged alpha machine. Since we have no
> acces to any decent SCSI hdd.

   I don't know offhand which ones are or are not supported, but on
numerous occasions I've thrown junk-box PCI IDE adapters into Alphas
running NetBSD and had them Just Work(tm).

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "I'm willing to sacrifice my ass for the sake
St. Petersburg, FL                      of good food."    -Kurt Huhn