Subject: Re: Stupid XalphaNetBSD perms question
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/22/2002 03:37:32
"Jarkko Teppo" wrote:

>Installed 1.6RC1 yesterday and ran into the same feature as with 1.5.2.
>I can't seem to be able to run XalphaNetBSD (non-root) unless I chmod
>/dev/wskbd0, /dev/wsmouse0 and /dev/ttyE0 to 666.

but it runs properly as root?  (c.f. my prior email asking if this was
still working for people.)

>Is this usual or did I screw up again with the installation ?

I found that it works if I chown $USER /dev/{wskdb0,wsmouse0,ttyE0}.
Have you tried that?

>jht, pissed off at that stupid gnome(-session)

I've been trying that too, but on a peecee.  It seems to get into
states where enlightenment cores on start.  I've gone back to a
simpler wm [which only cores if you exit improperly] and no gnome.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/