Subject: Several questions
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Oleg Gritsinevich <olegg@ukrpack.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/06/2002 18:02:16
	Hi, All!

	I've got AlphaServer 1000 4/233, 233MHz running
NetBSD 1.5.2 (GENERIC) #37: Sat Aug 18 10:02:07 MEST 2001     he@albatross.urc.uninett.no:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/GENERIC
I'm new to Alpha hardware and NetBSD.

	This box can't boot with monitor and keyboard plugged in due to
'tga driver error' (something like that). I've installed NetBSD and
booting it via null-modem cable.  How can I run it with monitor and
keyboard?

	Recently this box accidentally hangs (it occurs at night, this
box in this time was out of load) via serial console I saw 'db>' command
line. What this 'db>' is it: part of firmware or something like kernel
debugger? Where I can find documentation to it?
Same prompt appears when I don't watching to process of boot of this box
via serial console (minicom screen of nearest linux box). Why?

--
With best regards, Oleg Gritsinevich

P.S. Sorry for poor English.