Subject: Re: DEC hardware question
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/19/2002 10:26:02
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 09:33:15AM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On 2002.07.19 08:30 der Mouse wrote:

> > Fortunately(?), the alpha is little-endian, so that particular
> > problem won't bite, but there may be others.
>
> Wasn't / is there a problem with the PMAD-A TC Ethernet card? It works
> on PMAX but not in a TC Alpha?

there is a problem with PMAD-AA on alpha, but since pmax is
little-endian, that rules out the endian issues.  I gave away a PMAD-AA
because of this, but I still have one in a currently unpowered 5000/200
pmax I could easily put into a 3000/400 alpha for testing purposes or
send to someone willing to work on a driver.

other drivers on the turbochannel to-do list are LoFi and DEFZA...