Subject: 164SX clock going crazy
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Haapanen, Tom <tomh@metrics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/19/2002 13:12:05
Our 164SX-based web server's clock seems to be going crazy, and I'm hoping
someone can tell me what could be going on ...

This web server is running great, especially now that I have it loaded up to
1 GB of memory and about 70 GB of disk.  Reliable as anything (just like our
other Alpha-based servers), and currently still running 1.4.1.

But something is going on with the clock ... I JUST reset it yesterday,
because it was something like six hours ahead.  And now I check -- and it's
13 hours ahead!

There is no way xntpd does this big changes (I think!) so could this be some
kind of battle between the NetBSD time-of-day and the onboard clock on the
motherboard?  Or where else could I look?

Tom Haapanen
tomh@motorsport.com