Subject: Sun console emulation makes 1.6 kernel panic on NetBSD alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kmietsch <jochen.kmietsch@tu-clausthal.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/19/2002 10:41:09
Hello!

Has anybody gotten the Sun console emulation (as opposed to the vt100
emulation) to work with NetBSD alpha 1.6?  On my DEC 3000/300 the kernel
with Sun emulation (and an attached screen & kbd/mouse) panics right after
the first "ls", while the one with the vt100 emulation works w/o
problems.  I am moving and the Pelican is packed up, so I can't provide
details right now, but anybody with a TCWSCONS kernel can probably
reproduce this.

Jochen
--
A distributed system is one in which the failure of a computer you didn't
even know existed can render your own computer unusable.