Subject: Re: Question regarding DIGITAL Server 3000 Model 3300 6400A
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@jkmrc.uq.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/16/2002 11:20:42
The "home" page for HP/Compaq/DEC Alpha systems' firmware now seems to be

     http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/

Perhaps the appropriate name for your machine on that page would be
"Digital Server 3300" in which case its firmware is available at

     http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/readmes/as800.html

so apparently it uses the same firmware as the AlphaServer 800.

According to the list at the bottom of this page

     http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/

the AlphaServer 800 and Digital Server 330x systems have been able to
run NetBSD since version 1.4, so I'm sure they'd both run Tru64.  (In
fact I've just noticed

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/readmes/v6.2/alpha800/fwreadme.txt

says firmware version 5.8 is qualified to run Digital Unix V5.0 and V4.0G.)

I expect there's an option somewhere in the ARC console the machines
you referred to are using now to switch to SRM instead.

Ray