Subject: Re: kernel panic in 1.6_BETA4
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/15/2002 20:55:25
On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 05:46:24PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 08:34:47PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:

<snip>

> Ah, I see.  So, the ISP driver will avoid calling tsleep if it knows
> its in interrupt context.  However, in this case, what is happening
> is that a timer interrupt is what is causing the command to be run,
> and thus the ISP driver doesn't know that it's in interrupt context.
>
> --
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>

Is there something I should try in the config file that might work around
that?
(also... how do I drop back to firmware when connected via serial console?
I'm using cu -l tty00 on a NetBSD/i386 box to talk to the alpha, and I can't
figure out how to get back to firmware so that I can tell it to boot a good
kernel. It's just loading /netbsd which is the bad one over and over again.)

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive