Subject: Re: generic HBA error messages on 1.6beta2
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/09/2002 17:01:07
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Matthias Buelow wrote:

> Matthias Buelow writes:
>
> >Ok, the new kernel is running.  Now we just have to wait.
>
> Here it is again, spitting continuously since one or two days:
>
> sd0(isp0:0:0:0): generic HBA error
> isp0: unable to load dma (22)
>
> unfortunately not any more info than with the previous kernel
> (except the wording has changed from "setup dma" to "load dma"...
>
> --mkb

Well, err, umm, this is, of course, why I went to all the darned effort build
you test kernels so we'd have more info.

Fetch ftp://ftp.feral.com/pub/outgoing/patches.gz  and apply and try again.

MD5 (patches.gz) = 0590fda70631c85ddf9f6d06fe145298

Note that I will be gone for 10 days starting this friday.