Subject: Re: OT: 164SX Memory / No Boot
To: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
From: Andreas Johansson <ajo@wopr.campus.luth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/09/2002 14:01:02
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Anders Hogrelius wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Andreas Johansson wrote:
> >
> > Well, my 164SX runs with standard DIMM:s (no parity), but I had to try
> > several before I found working modules. It seems to me the motherboard is
> > picky on RAM timing/electrical characteristics.
>
> Any suggestions what Make/model of DIMM's that work. I've checked with
> Kingston and they say that this MoBo isn't supported anymore.

Well, given my problems finding working RAM for the machine, I'm not
surprised. I'm away from my machine currently, so I can't check what kind
I use. I could check in about a week, but I'm not sure the result will
help you much. I had some modules that worked and some that didn't, all
of the same brand.

In you situation I would borrow modules from other machines and check if
they work with the 164SX. When you find working modules, buy new ones for
the other machine.

> --
> cheers,
>
> /Anders