Subject: Re: DEC 7000-620
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/07/2002 16:55:12
On 2002.07.06 10:46 Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Since I like NetBSD, and am running it on the 8650, I'd really like it
> on the 7000 as well.
Reasonible. I prefer NetBSD on my VAXen too. Only exception is a MV III
with 4.3BSD-Tahoe. Unfortunately I have only MicroVAXen and VAXstations.

> How difficult to get it working?
I don't know the DEC 7k arch. Probably very difficult, as this machine
has a "strange" bus, the Futurbus+. (AFAIK, the Alpha gurus may correct
me.)

> Yup. We might be getting a VAX 7000 as well. Now, that one will run
> VMS if so...
You know that the VAX 7k / 10k and the DEC 7k / 10k are the same
machine, just with different CPU boards?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen