Subject: Re: OT: 164SX Memory / No Boot
To: Jochen Kunz <>
From: Anders Hogrelius <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/04/2002 08:36:40
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> I don't know the SX, but the Miata and LX (same Pyxis chipset) need
> standard PC100 3.3 V unregistered ECC SDRAM DIMMs. At least, that is
> what my Miata (PWS 500au) accepted.

That's what i've been told, and what the manual that came with the board
says too. Sometimes the official information isn't true though... :-)

> What does "just sits there" mean?

No Boot, no errorcodes. The only thing that can be noticed is that the
CPU fan is spinning. :-/

Another Armenia, Belgium ... the weak innocents who always seem to be
located on a natural invasion route.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.4

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web: