Subject: OT: 164SX Memory / No Boot
From: Anders Hogrelius <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/03/2002 22:06:42
Sorry for the sort of OT message. Does anyone know if the 164SX takes
standard DIMM memory or does it need some kind of special types?
I finally got hold of a CPU for my board, but when i power it up it just
sits there and won't boot. If i remove the memory i get the five beeps
that means "No memory found", so the CPU seems OK. Either the memory is of
the wrong type, or the MoBo is broken. :-(

"The combination of a number of things to make existence worthwhile."
"Yes, the philosophy of 'none,' meaning 'all.'"
		-- Spock and Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web: