Subject: Re: DEC 3000 Model M300L
To: None <>
From: Collin Baillie <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/02/2002 19:51:25
> Hello!
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Collin Baillie wrote:
> > You need to hook up a serial console. By default the NetBSD 1.5.x
> > don't have support for TurboChannel console. Serial is your only option.
> What about
> ?
> Are those "normal" kernels so they can't be used for installation?
> Also,
> seems to have install-kernels with tcwscons-support?

They likely do, but they're not on the cd-rom that Sebastian was booting
from. My bad for not pointing out those kernels, although they may (or may
not) be somewhat more difficult than merely setting up a serial console :)

Besides setting up a serial console is traditional. Let the tradition
continue ;)